Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day 38 - Fantastic Friends, Finish Lines, and Foam Fun

Fantastic Friends
 
Big Shout Out to great friends Cindy McMullen, Martha Rice, Patty Wood, and all of WSSDA peers. Thank you for the hand made quilt, Cindy! Thank you, Martha, for the handmade hat. Thank you, Patty, for the stress token. And, Thank you, everyone, for signing the quilt and the good wishes/thoughts/prayers. I am humbled by the love and support of everyone!
 
Patty Wood gave me a pocket token to absorb my stress during the road ahead.  I think she said it was her first 5K finisher medal.  So, I wanted to return it next Spring when I am well and what better way to return it than to do a 5K with Patty!  Actually, she gave me a choice... a 5K or climb Mt. St. Helens. Since I'm more terrified of Mt. St. Helens than trying to finish a 5K, I opted for the 5K.  Patty gets to pick the 5K.  I get to pick the hospital for lunch.  ;-)
 
Also, BIG Shout Out to my walking buddies, Margot, the Keating Family, Michelle, and so many others!  Ya'll are such great friends and you make me laugh when I want to cry, smile instead of grimmace, and build muscle mass when I'd rather veg on the couch. 

 
Looking Past the Finish Line
Setting goals is very important.  It helps frame the mind for success.  With that in mind, I'm setting some activity goals for post-detour fun.  Here is my list so far:
 
  1. Finish a 5K with Patty Wood.
  2. Trip to Vegas, Baby! (tentative plan is March 2014... maybe April)
  3. Foam Fest 5K on July 12, 2014 in Sammamish.
  4. New Car (well, at least 2007 or newer).
  5. A trip that requires my passport! (tentatively in the Fall of 2014)
 
Foam Fun!
 
If you would like to join me for the 2014 Foam Fest, click on link or the picture. It is July 12, 2014 at Lake Sammamish Park, near Issaquah, Washington.  Big Shout Out to Bobbie Haegele for the idea!

I'M IN!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment