Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 219 - A Bell to Ring in Spring!


What a wild 219 days since diagnosis!  Last radiation treatment was yesterday. "Ringing-Out" also signaled the conclusion of the big three... four months of chemo, BMX surgery, and six weeks of radiation. Feeling great!  Prognosis is great!  And Spring has sprung!

Thank You!

Chemo, Check. Surgery, Check. Radiation, Check. Gratitude for all of you who have shared this journey with me, prayed, helped, and given me the courage and the faith to ring the Bell today... Triple Check!! I could not have done it without all of you.Thank you!!
 
Every cancer patient deserves a great outcome. But so many are not as fortunate as I am. So, instead of feeling deserving, I am simply so grateful for it and for all of you who have made such a difference in this detour.

Today is such a glorious day outside! My heart is so happy that it is bursting out light and warmth across the entire NW!!
 
And, I get to do two of my favorite things today... First, I am going to watch Tacoma Community College (Go Tom!) play Everett Community College (Go Kevin!) in a baseball game.  Then, I'm off to the airport for a vacation... to watch a little Spring Training (Go Mariners!), do a little kayaking, and absorb some real vitamin D.
 
Big shout out to Steph and Tom.  You have been incredible through this whole experience.  I am so proud of you both.  My greatest joy in this life is the honor to be your mom.
 
Big Shout out to Heavenly Father.  Words fail me, but you know my heart is full of gratitude.


Life is good. Keep hope alive!



No comments:

Post a Comment