Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 209 - Triple Plays... Life is Good, Radiation is Almost Done, and it is Baseball Season!!

Just a brief update to let ya'll know that things are going really well.  Finished treatment #22 and #23 of 30 daily radiation treatments today. It was double-dose day (6 hours apart) because the table broke one day in the second week of treatment (I did not break it... I was not even in the building!) and we opted to double-dose one day instead of adding an extra day on at the end.
 
My doctors are amazed at how well I am doing.  I tell them that they underestimated the power of the prayers of my friends and family. Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and good thoughts!!

Last weekend I was feeling so good that I followed Tom's team (TCC) all the way to Pendleton and Walla, Walla. It was so nice to get away and just enjoy a 'normal' Simpson style March weekend.

Had a great time watching Tom and his team play. They won 3 out of 4 games and the sun even peaked out a time or two.  BONUS... for only the second time that I can recall in 14 years of watching baseball, I got to see a triple-play!  Way to go, Titans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment