Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 360 - A Special Thank You Poem



Family Time - July 2014
 

“Lessons from the Detour”

Someday you’ll face a mountain
That seems taller than your faith.
You’ll look to God for answers,
Relying on His grace.
He may not answer quickly.
You might wonder if He’s there.
But His Spirit lights the pathway

And you know that He still cares.
You want to cry in anger.
You want to cry in pain.
But then He sends a neighbor,

With laughs and pie… again.
August 2014- Yak Attack!
You worry about your children
Because they’re worried too.
And God inspires your favorite daughter

To insist to go with you.
Your heart is nearly broken
As you see the toll upon your son.
And then God sends his baseball coach

On game day number one.
While the road was tough and daunting,
I was never on my own.
He even sent me online friends

Who are the best sisters I have known!
August 2014 - Life is Good!
The doctors were amazing.
The nurses even more.
And who’d of thought when this got started

Such a blessing was in store.
And now that treatment’s finished,
And life returns to somewhat norm.
I bow my head with gratitude

For the lessons from the storm.
I hope to not repeat this.
And yet I know for sure.
Whatever plan He has for me,

I know I can endure.
But enduring isn’t living.
I shall not live in fear.
For every moment’s precious,

And each day of life I’ll cheer.
Last Day of Active Treatment - August 2014
This poem was a hard one
To open up and share.
But I wrote it to say Thank you,

To God and each of you who care!
I could not do it all myself
Even if I wanted to.
So, “Thank You” Heavenly Father

And Thanks to each of you!





4 comments:

  1. Amazing! You! and your poetry skillz! and your lessons learned, and, and, and... You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherrill. I took a long drive yesterday to clear my head and the words of the poem kept percolating. When I started to write them down, the poem pretty much finished itself. :-)

      Hope all is well with you and your beautiful family!

      Delete
    2. Wonderful poem, Kathryn. Thanks for sharing with us.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for being part of Team Simpson, Claudia!

      Delete