Monday, August 15, 2016


Day 1096. Three years.  Three incredible years! My heart is full of gratitude for the privilege of these three years.  Stephie graduated from college and I was there!  Tom played NWAAC and D1 baseball and I was there!  She will get married next year and I will be there!  He will graduate from college next year and I will be there.  Every day is a blessing to be here.  Life is SO GOOD and I am blessed beyond measure.
 
Thank you, everyone, for sharing this incredible detour and the adventures of returning to life's main road with me.  I would not be here without your love and prayers.  
 
As I type this, an amazing thunderstorm is roaring outside my window.  A wild reminder that the storms came and despite the frightening forecast, the storms eventually passed and we saw the morning light again.
 

For a little nostalgia, here is my first post on the detour three years ago...
 
 
I am reminded of the words of Stewart Scott:
"When you die, it does not mean you lose to cancer.  You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and the manner in which you live... So LIVE!!"
 
I cannot close this post without acknowledging the many friends that did not get three years, did not see their child graduate, did not see their boy play baseball.  To Lyn, Julie, Holly, and far too many others, I try to live in such a way that you are honored in how I live.  I did not fight harder than you and I do not know why I am here and you are not. But I will make the very most of my days because I am living them, in part, for you. And I pray for the day when cancer will not take another mother, daughter, sister, or friend.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment